Saturday, October 9, 2010

Cafe Bustelo

I finally spoke to the field work coordinator. She gets two thumbs up for calling me on a Saturday. Seven grad students have been assigned to her to set up for observations at a Queens High School. So far three (me included) have contacted her and she is trying to set up a day for us to meet. In all likelihood it will not be this week but the week after which is fine with me. She already has several other students already at the school observing and student teaching. They meet every Wednesday. Apparently it's only 1 full day per week which is awesome. I was worried about not being able to get to my classes at 4:30 Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.

The coordinator told me she was an English teacher for many years. She was happy to hear my major was English Ed. She said she would have lots of ideas and practices to share. I found her enthusiasm delightful. Finally, someone who is positive and happy about school like I am! On my coffee scale she rates a Cafe Bustelo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment