Thursday, October 7, 2010

Regular or Decaf ?

So the person I contacted seems to be a coordinator for the school, not the teacher I will be working with. So far I am the only student who has reached out to her. Apparently there are several grad students in her 'group' and she wants to meet with all of us at one time. Makes sense I suppose, but why should I have to wait if other people don't contact her promptly? I should be used to this by now. The pace of the education world is decaffeinated. I am still a double espresso.

Tonight we had a guest speaker in my Human Rights class. Her name is Cheryl Baldwin. She founded a non-profit group called Camp Hope for Girls. The group mentors impoverished teenage girls currently in Rwanda and Mississippi. Ms. Baldwin is currently looking to expand into New York City and Canada. It was refreshing to hear from someone who works in education and is clearly not decaffeinated. She is making a difference in the world and it's inspiring. Imagine if all educators had that kind of passion?

No comments:

Post a Comment